We have already mentioned that ZenMon has become a native cross-platform database monitoring tool for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL using the Zabbix Agent. But what metrics and triggers it monitors - no. We think it's time to start!
ZenMon was updated with Zabbix v4.4 and combined not only classic popular open-source management systems - MySQL and PostgreSQL, but also commercial products - Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server. Let's consider what specific ZenMon monitoring indicators Oracle has. Only for this type of databases: 80 metrics and 70 triggers.
Here is a part of these metrics for monitoring on Oracle version 10g/11g/12c/18c/19c:
- - Basic instance metrics (uptime, availability, status, sessions, processes, data file limits, locks, archiver status and so on);
- - Single database/Pluggable database (size, role, open_mode, flashback, etc.);
- - Fast Recovery Area (FRA);
- - Monitoring backups;
- - Monitoring permanent, undo, temporary tablespace;
- - Monitoring Dataguard (MRP status, apply and transport lag);
- - Monitoring errors in alert.log (ORA-00600 and others);
- - Monitoring Archive Log Destination;
- - Monitoring instance parameters (changing default parameters);
- - Automatic Storage Management (Oracle ASM) monitoring;
- - Monitoring Listener Performance.
ZenMon allows you to customize the data being collected. It means that you can create your own item's and write SQL queries in the configuration file. What a cherry on the cake: open source under GPLv2 license.